Old January 9th 05, 09:41 PM
Invader3K

I have one. I enjoy it very much. It is quite good on most shortwave
and AM (MW) frequencies. Also very nice with FM and has good sound
through the headphone output (in stereo). The whip seems to have good
sensitivity as well. For the money I think it's great. It does not do
so well on SSB, and has trouble with weaker signals, but if you will be
doing primarily program listening, this is probably one of the best
portables out there. Mine doesn't do so well indoors (it is excellent
if used outdoors), but I live in a very RF-noisy apartment
building...if you'll be using it inside, you might want to string up an
outdoor antenna before hand, or looking into an active antenna of some
kind.

jwb wrote:
how are these radios?
any good thanks jack