Old January 9th 05, 11:16 PM
Telamon

In article , dxAce
wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

I listened to the BBC on 5975 from 00:00~04:00 lastnight, 2005 01
09, and the only interence I had was a Low Preasure Sodium
outdoor light that is failing. It is about 300' from me and is
getting worse every night. I guess I need to borrow a BB riffle.
Terry

The electric company has a maintenance number for you to call or
you can probably to go a web site and report the outage. Go out
side and see if there is a pole number. If you can't find a number
then just give an address it is in front of and a description of
the problem such as cycling on and off. They fix the street lights
around here in one to two days usually.

Yep, and if it's a real problem the FCC requires them to get it
fixed... my local power company spent over $5k this fall just to
bring in a guy from Maryland to show the folks here how to find the
problems I complain about!

In addition to that the street light is a road safety issue that
obligates either the city, country, power company or whomever owns it
to get it repaired quickly. It will get fixed soon for legal reasons.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California