Old January 9th 05, 11:42 PM
dxAce

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Invader3K" wrote in message
ups.com...
Forgive my ignorance, but what is so special about this radio that
would fetch such an obscenely high amount of money? I wonder if the bid
is a joke. Good luck to the seller on collecting that.

Radioman390 wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9316&ssPage N
ame=STRK:MEWA:IT#ebayphotohosting

Zenith Stratosphere's are one of the most collectable radios, and they DO
fetch extremely high prices. The one in question will no doubt fetch over
$100,000 for the buyer once it's been completely restored. Radios like the
Sparton "Sleigh" (a blue mirror-faced radio with otherwise pretty common AA5
innards) can go for as much as $5000. And that's a table radio.

Yes, I was just about to say the same thing. Once the cabinetry is repaired by a
competent individual, and the electrical work is gone through it would certainly
be worth much more.

Someone bidding that kind of cash knows what they are doing.

dxAce
Michigan
USA