Old August 23rd 03, 09:27 PM
Dr. Slick

(Richard Harrison) wrote in message ...
Roy Lewallen wrote:
"So it turns out that if you adjust the load for a conjugate match,
there is indeed reflected voltage, and reflected power."

Conjugate matching delivers maximum power to the load when a lossless
transmission line or network is properly adjusted and inserted between
the source and load and when the impedances involved are constants.
Nothing is lossless, so the above is true to the extent that the line or
network is ideal and the impedances stay constant.

When capacitive and inductive reactances in a circuit cancel, source
resistance and load resistance remain. If a loss resistance remains
between source and load, it adds to either the source or load, depending
on where impedances are determined.

In a true conjugate match, there is no loss between source and load so
that the impedances looking in opposite directions anywhere along the
line between source and load are conjugates of each other. With a true
conjugate match, there`s no reactance, the source and load resistances
match, and the stupid transmission line does not know it does not extend
forever, so there`s no reflection.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

EXTREMELY Eloquently Said!

Very impressive writing Richard, my hats off to you.

I hope other people here start listening to you more.

Again, an oasis of reason in a sea of ignorance!

Slick