Old January 10th 05, 04:16 AM
Don Brady

Default Shortwave in my car?

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 21:03:02 -0600, Dogger wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a solution to listening to shortwave
in a car?
The only model I have seen the Sony XR-CA620X. This is a cassette style
in dash receiver sold overseas. I think it was launched in 2001 so I am
not sure of its availability. Sony also made a XR-4900 that had a CD
player but Google only yields some links to Russia and or manuals for
that radio. The cassette model looks like it may still be available from
the UAE, Jumbo Electronics.

Also Jackys in UAE. Many in the U.S, including me have bought from them
Their catalog is a little vague right now though....

Wouldn't a Wide band Communications receiver be illegal in some
states?... so I was thinking of just adding the SW bands, or some other
bands that are benign. I saw some more modern in dash styles offering
FM/MW/LW or long wave..That can't mean the same as shortwave?

My question is, are there any other In Dash CD players with Shortwave MW
and FM?
What are some options for expanding my radio reception in my car?

Dogger