Old January 10th 05, 06:34 AM
Evan Platt

On 9 Jan 2005 15:11:57 -0800, "Invader3K"
wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is so special about this radio that
would fetch such an obscenely high amount of money? I wonder if the bid
is a joke. Good luck to the seller on collecting that.

For a auction to reach a skyrocketed price on eBay, TWO people need to
be involved (if the bid is a 'joke'.

Based on the proxy bidding system, let's say someone sells a widget
that's worth $500. If someone bids $500.00, and then the 'jokester'
comes and bids $50,000. The 'bid' is actually the next increment of
$500 - probably like $505. And that is what the auction will close at.