Old January 10th 05, 03:09 PM
dxAce

Brian Hill wrote:

"Tony Meloche" wrote in message

There are certain Gibson Les Pauls and
Martin acoustics that sell easily in the $30,000 range at auction, and
most of them are not played - or even wall-hung. They go into bank
vaults as an "investment". Shrewd money planning, maybe, but that
instrument may never again be used for what it was designed for - making
music. I'll bet there are old Hallicrafters out there you could say the
same thing about. I think that's sad.

Tony

I have a 62 fender strat I still play and my buddy plays a 50s goldtop Les
Paul. Heck DXAce plays a fender Broadcaster that's worth a small fortune.
Some of us are still playing these things. Thank God!

Not entirely correct. The Broadcaster(s) was sold.

dxAce
Michigan
USA