Old November 4th 04, 01:00 AM
Richard Clark

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 00:14:26 GMT, Jerry wrote:

Would it be best to run a coax from
Room 1's unused outlet through the wall to my main media room and have
no additional loss for one of my recording devices?

Hi Jerry,

Don't make things difficult, just spend the big bucks for the high
price spread.

Also, I want to make the best choice for the existing 2-way split in the
main media room. What's the difference between...

- 1GHz 90dB 2-Way F-Pin Splitter
- 1GHz 130dB 2-Way F-Pin Splitter
- 2GHz 90dB 2-Way F-Pin Splitter DC Passing

DC passing would suggest that all these are rated for satellite TV
systems (hence the high frequency rating). The dB ratings are port
isolation (one side interfering with the other). Choose one with
highest number (either frequency or dB or both) in anticipation of
future needs - price is hardly an issue with these components.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC