Old January 11th 05, 11:16 PM
Arthur Harris

"Chris" wrote:
A general aviation pilot friend of mine brought me a wattmeter with an
adjustment between the wattmeter and the swr meter. It ranges between
0 and 10. The only marks of identification are Mura CBM-30. So my
questions are..

1. What is the darn adjustment for?

2. What frequency range is for? VHF would be ideal...

It sounds like an inexpensive SWR meter for CB use. It will work on ham
freqs below 30 MHz. Probably will be inaccurate at VHF.

There should be a FWD/REV switch on it. Put the switch in the FWD position
and key up your rig. Set the adjustment to full scale. Then, switch to REV
and read yer SWR. If it's the type I think it is, it will only give a
relative power indication, not actual watts.

Art N2AH