Old January 11th 05, 11:42 PM
Jim Douglas

I heard on the new today that where the big mud slide was happened
previously. The folks, who originally build the homes there complained to
the city. The city spend millions on building a huge retaining wall which in
this stored was like balsa wood.

"Burr" wrote in message
Only one more day of this mess then I can go home.

Been trapped down south for a week, glad I bought the four wheeler

down,
I've been in a foot of water many times this week.

Hung out in the gym four hours at a time for something to do.

I've been warm and dry just stuck down here (Ontario, Ca.) The roads

are
full of pot holes and some sink holes. Most city services are still

working
well, the trash truck just came by.

It's a shame that the cities give permits for houses on the side of
these hills in the first place. Our tax money is spent saving these house
and the people in them and the land would have not slide if it didn't have
the weight of the house, pool and streets.

Burr