Old January 12th 05, 05:53 PM
Lucky

"pete ke90a" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tony Meloche wrote:
Lucky wrote:

I was checking the inside of my Frg-7 and found some dust on the

PCB and
components. I would like to clean it off with something.

Can anyone please recommend something? Is plain spray on contact

cleaner
safe to use on the components too?

Thanks
Lucky

Go down the makeup aisle in your local pharmacy and find a large
size "blusher brush". Handiest little duster in the world. It is

soft
enough to use on electrical components, but will really do the job.
Either blow off disloged dust with your breath, or hold the nozzle
attachment of a vacuum cleaner about 2" from the board while dusting

it.

Spray electrical contact cleaner is available through most large
retailers and hardware outlets. RatShack sells it, too, but it's a

lot
more expensive (for essentially the same product).

Tony

I wouldn't use contact cleaner on anything except switches and pots.
Don't spray this stuff on components, especially in the high impedance
area of the synthesizer, of you could have a non-functioning radio. If
you do use a contact cleaner, use one of the Caig products such as
De-Oxit or Pro Gold.
If you brush the dust off the circuit boards, make sure that you don't
bump any of the trimmer capicators.

Pete KE9OA

Ok I'll be careful. I picked up some stuff this morning from Radio Shack.
It's an electronics cleaner. Looks to have ether in it but the brush is
stiff. I won't use it on the components even though it says it can used. Was
$10.50 a can!

Lucky