Old November 4th 04, 06:45 PM
Steve Nosko

"Ken Bessler" wrote in message
news:jEZhd.41398$lp6.36622@okepread01...

That's basically what I did. I ran into an interesting issue tuning
the 75m portion - as I cut the antenna in shorter and shorter
increments as I approached my design freq, something wierd
happened - I was at 3.844 and cut 12" off each end which got
me 3.868. I cut another 6" and got 3.860? At that point I stopped
cutting. My traps were designed for 3.890 but I had no way to
measure them.

Why did trimming 6" lower my resonant freq 8 kHz? I'm guessing
but could my traps be closer to 3.86 than 3.89? I'm afraid to cut
more.

Here are the results I got:

Band 2:1 SWR range Bandwidth Center Best SWR
160 1.862-2.040 0.178 1.951.0 1.0:1
80 3.759-3.916 0.157 3.837.5 1.0:1

Ken KG0WX

Well, I don't know what you used to measure, but don't discount measurement
accuracy.

The results speak for themselves.
73
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.