Old January 15th 05, 04:54 AM
Pete KE9OA

According to
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconVa...v-di.htm#mixer
the 1SS135 appears to be a VHF/UHF switching diode, from Rohm
Semiconductors. It could be a good diode, but I know that the 5711 is
intended for mixer/detector service. I was unable to find a data sheet for
the 135, so I can't make direct comparisons. I have used the 5711 over the
past several years, with good results. Awhile back, I picked up a batch of
matched quad sets of these diodes from the Rockwell-Collins Inventory
Disposal store for around a dollar a pound. Too bad I got rid of most of
them.........................I thought I would be living out there for
longer than I did. Easy to take things for granted, when they are plentiful.
Fortunately, these things are currently available, and they aren't too
expensive.

Pete

"starman" wrote in message
Pete KE9OA wrote:

As far as the 2nd mixer, it is good to get rid of those general
purpose switching diodes and replace them; the 1N5711 Hot Carrier diodes
have lower loss, better IM characteristics, and they are designed for RF
applications.

Is the 1N5711 a good substitute for the 1SS135?