Old January 16th 05, 07:02 AM
starman

DeWayne wrote:

I just wondered as I remember when they sold new and I thought they looked
worth trying but I never did. I think they were selling the Panasonic
RF-2900 new around then too.

The RF-2800 and 2900 were about ten years before the B65 and B60. The
latter two were real PLL designs, not analog with a frequency display
(counter) like the 2800/2900. The 2900 is identical to the 2800 except
it has a fluorescent display instead of red LED's on the 2800, which
saved battery power. The 2800 display only worked for AM/shortwave
tuning, not FM. The current Tecsun/Grundig S-350 is loosely based on the
RF-2800/2900 but it does not have dual conversion like the two
Panasonics did.
I've been trying to locate a National Panasonic DR-29. This version was
not sold in the US. It had a built-in preselector to reduce images and
overloading in strong signal areas like Europe.