Old January 16th 05, 07:55 AM
starman

nothermark wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:14:55 -0600, wrote:

Dell computer company (and I assume some other computer outfits too) had
some big time problems with those cheap,no account,no quality
Capacitor's leaking crap on their Dell (dude!,you are getting a Dell,,
Hell NO!,I am NOT! either!) motherboards.And,some of those Dell servers
were/are subject to catch on fire and last month Dell recalled 960,000
adapters.
cuhulin

Other than slamming Dell did you have a point?

BTW, Dell is replacing the system boards with bad caps as they turn
up. call them and out comes a tech with a new system board. On the
other hand Abit also had that problem a couple of years back and
charged $25 plus shipping.

Bad wall warts are nothing new.

The capacitor problem occurred a few years ago when an Asian company
tried to copy the chemical formula for the electrolytic paste used by a
well known capacitor manufacturer. They got the formula wrong and made
millions of bad capacitors which were used in computers and other
equipment. I have a motherboard which has some leaking/bulging
electrolytics. I expect it will work fine again, if/when I get around to
changing them. But by then, it will be obsolete. :-)