Old November 5th 04, 05:15 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Pasquale IW0HEX" wrote in message
m...
Tnx a lot Tam.
First of all, sorry for my bad english.
I have a little space for my antennas so I'm looking for a little
triband 10,15 and 20 meters. I'm interested to Mosley product,
expecially TA33-JR or TA32-JR. I read on eham.net (www.eham.net) any
reviews about these antennas and everybody are enthusiastic.
I'm interested also to HyGain TH3JR but weights is a little more than
Mosley's.
Any news or ideas is appreciated.
73s Pasquale IW0HEX

My guess is that the 2 element full power beam like the TA32 or TH2 will
outperform the 3 element juniors. The traps on these 3 element beams are
very small, and the element spacing too close. The 2 element will have a
slightly shorter boom, but slightly longer elements. Also, the junior beams
will not withstand much power. I burned out a trap on the TA33JR by
operating with a linear amplifier. The directivity and F/B ratio on the
TA33JR were very poor.

I had the TA33JR for 20 years, and did not start to question its performance
until I started doing comparisons.

Tam/WB2TT