Old June 27th 03, 03:30 PM
Alan Beagley

I don't doubt that many fraudsters hang out on ebay, but I have done OK
so far. I usually check the seller's feedback rating before bidding, but
on the one occasion I forgot and discovered later that the seller had a
Zero rating (i.e., this was his first offering on ebay -- or the first
using that ID), everything was fine.

The closest I came to getting burned was on a $500 item, but the
seller's local police dept. got in touch with me before I had gotten
round to starting any serious investigation of my own; I got all my
money back. Even then, it may have been stupidity rather than criminal
intent on the seller's part: he offered for sale items that he did not
yet have in stock, and then found that he could not get them.

-=-
Alan AB2OS

On 06/27/03 10:00 am Robert Hawk put fingers to keyboard and launched
the following message into cyberspace:

If you want to see scams, you dont have to look too far. Ebay is riddled
with them.