Old June 27th 03, 03:43 PM
Walt

Hi,

No more of a breeding ground then the local hamfests, swap meets or local
newpapers
qth.com, eham.net arrl.org etc...

If I get taken at the local hamfest, you will never know about it, on Ebay
everyone hears
about a scam from the usenet.

It is easy to get caught up in auction 'excitement' and the thrill of
'winning'
we have to remember it is a purchase (or sale) just like buying a car or
ordering dinner out.

Feedback is the key, I have dealt with many new ebayers, even I was a new
ebay guy.
my first deal was a purchase for $ 400 from an established seller with 100 %
feedbacks.

Just ask a lot of questions on the items you want to buy, if you don't like
the answers, just pass it up.

Nice thing, if the item is not sold it can be relisted and you can get
another chance or
another seller will have what you want.

Did I tell you about the time that used car dealer sold me that car that was
driven by his mother ?

73 walt

Robert wrote:

Ebay IS a breeding ground for scams, In My Opinion...

Bob