Old November 6th 04, 04:56 AM
Richard Clark

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 02:34:32 GMT, "Frank"
wrote:

Regarding Richard's comments "Assuming the same currents". Not sure I
understand, since the feed-point current varies with constant power

Hi Frank,

That is quite simple. The file VERT1.EZ has as a source, a constant
current generator - a fact I pointed out in the summary of my results.
Your presumption of constant power is a natural one for the sake of
common discussion, but it is not even the default source for EZNEC.

[However, having said that, a curiosity of program design has found
that the concept of a "new file" has been orphaned. Any time the
application is opened, it is opened with LAST.EZ and I cannot recall
upon initial acquisition if EZNEC ever started with a blank slate.
Given that you cannot have less than 1 wire nor 1 source, then there
is on way to force a blank file. Hence the concept of a default
resides in the last file opened.]

In other words, each and every iteration of antenna, irrespective of
its presumed or actual Rr or drivepoint Z had the same current applied
to it, 1 Ampere.

Now, if ANY resistance had changed, it then follows that the POWER
would have changed too (which presents us with that puzzle
confused by the expression V=I/R.

that came out of the blue) at a linear rate (1² = 1).

Note, a doubling of drivepoint Z by the addition of a load does not
result in 3dB gain over the former design. I have seen I * I * R
bandied about as an "explanation" and yet at least 3dB is remarkably
absent in the results. What R is this that everyone speaks of?
Certainly not the real component of drivepoint Z. What about the Rr
that must've changed? Copper loss absorb it? Ground loss?

As I offered, I must've done something wrong, taken the wrong turn,
interpreted the modeler in error, -ahem- not read the help file....

I will bet it was that last one - which only reveals no one has. ;-)

[aside]
So, Wes, I will amend my ways and delve into that treasure of
knowledge before returning your work in kind (no point in retread
effort) sometime tomorrow morning.

[to the audience]
C'mon folks, this has to be an especially simple resolution - I'm glad
that so many are just as flummoxed (even Reg is uncharacteristically
silent in this regard :-)

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC