Old November 6th 04, 06:03 AM
Wes Stewart

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:08:00 -0600, (Richard
Harrison) wrote:

|Wes, N7WS wrote:
|"Could you describe in more detail what the "pictures" are saying."

|My edition of "Low-Band DXing" is copyrighted in 1994.
|
|The "pictures" are graphs of current distribution on (6) different
|1/4-wave vertical antennas:
|1) full size
|2) base loaded 1/8-wave of wire
|3) capacitive hat loaded 1/8-wave
|4) center loaded 1/16-wave wire above & below
|5) continuously loaded (all coil) antenna
|6) combined top and base loading of short vertical

Okay, I guessed correctly. This is fig. 9-40 in the third edition.

|The current distribution graphs are in a section (2.1) titled
|"Radiation Resistance"

Figure 9-44

|In every case , the current tapers lower from feedpoint end to the
|discusses the various loading methods.

Yes, but as I mentioned in my analysis at:

http://www.qsl.net/n7ws/Loaded%20antennas.htm

for the extremely short antennas that were (are) the subject of the
"shootout" business, the current actually increases between the ends
of the inductor.