Old July 13th 03, 08:38 PM
Bob Login

Default FS RCA AR88 & CR88

FS classic RCA deluxe receivers.

AR-88 one of the most recognizable receivers of WWII.
Many thousands were shipped to England and Russia where they contributed
greatly to the Allied effort in defeating Nazi Germany. It is still a great
performer
The one I have, I recapped and replaced out of spec resistors and tubes. It
was
aligned according to the manual (copy included) and is very sensitive. All
controls
work. It doesn't have an s-meter. Cosmetically it does show ware and I did
all I could to restore it's original appearance. The cabinet was sandblasted
and repainted.

CR-88 is the same as the AR-88 but with a beautiful s-meter and crystal
filter. It was produced after WWII in the late 40's or early 50's. The one I
have is in great original shape. Cosmetically it looks very nice! This is a
working radio that I have replaced all
Weak tubes and aligned it according to the manual (copy included).

I'm asking $200 obo for the AR88 and $250 obo for the CR88.
Pick-up only in Travelers Rest, SC
Make me an offer!