Old November 6th 04, 08:03 PM
Reg Edwards

"Frank" wrote
As posted in a previous thread go to www.carolyns-creations.com/ve6cb to
view the (modeled) current distribution on an 84" monopole at 21.3 MHz.

====================================

Frank, I don't know, and it doesn't matter, how you produced the amperes
versus height graph which beautifully displayed itself with a single
mouse-click on my computer screen.

It displays the curve-shape which any properly educated electrical engineer,
or amateur with any intuitive common sense, ought to expect. Thanks!

The many reams of heated arguments which have appeared on this newsgroup
have been a disgrace to the profession. Yes, I know its an amateur mewsgroup
but the (aggressive?) contestents are mostly so-called professionals.

Clearly you have chosen an adequate mathematical demonstration model with
the ability to use it. Most likely without any thoughts about Terman or
theorem-writers Thevenin and Kirchoff, etc., who personally I have hardly
ever heard of.

If you have not already done so, may I suggest you include radiation
resistance in the model for slightly greater accuracy. It may remove the
small kink in your curve which occurs immediately at the bottom end of the
coil. I don't think it should be there. But further elaboration is hardly
worth the effort.

I also think its a good idea to base demonstration models (like actual
experimental measurements) on the lower frequencies. Try the 160 metre band.
They are likely to be more accurate representations.

Frank, if you have the time to spare perhaps you should contribute to this
newsgroup more often. Improve its already good entertainment, even
educational if sometimes confusing, value!

By the way, I'm on Dourthe No.1, Bordeaux 2001, tonight. French politics go
down very well with their excellent wine and British very mature Cheddar
cheese.

Hic!
----
Reg, G4FGQ