Old November 6th 04, 10:50 PM
gibberdill

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I am not afraid that I will start a fire.

I am afraid that a fire might start for some other reason, and that my
insurance company won't pay my claim because of unrelated code violations.

So again, let me ask:

What must a homeowner do regarding ham transmision lines so as to avoid code
violations?

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Unless you intend to run 10 kilowatts of RF power, try to completely
forget
all about your hopelessly imagined problems. Don't lose any sleep. Just
use
ordinary electric wires and cables and run them wherever you fancy. Just
like domestic 110-volt power cables.

I've been running 100 watts over 20-gauge plastic insulated wire through
1/8" holes in dry, inflammable, wooden window frames for nigh on 25 years
and never yet burned the house down.