Old November 7th 04, 03:58 PM
Reg Edwards

Actually, I am not afraid that I will start a fire.

I am afraid that a fire might start for some other reason, and that my
insurance company won't pay my claim because of unrelated code violations.

So again, let me ask:

What must a homeowner do regarding ham transmision lines so as to avoid

code
violations?

===================================

Yes, I now understand.

Everything depends on your insurance company's policy on what tricks they
employ to avoid paying claims. So the best place to enquire is at your
insurance company.

On the other hand, the probability of the exact circumstances ever arising
which would invalidate a claim is smaller than you, personally, winning the
National Lottery.

All of life is a gamble. You can't cross the road without the risk of being
run over by a bus. But in this particular very narrow case the odds are on
your side.

And you don't want to spend the remainder of your life trying to calculate
the exact probabilities before erecting your antenna. Don't keep the DX
waiting! If you are still a little aprehensive, just keep a bucket of water
and a bucket of sand handy in the attic.
----
Reg