Old November 7th 04, 05:49 PM
Roy Lewallen

Please see my comments to Ivan's posting, about the fact that "insertion
loss" is being measured in a fixed impedance environment. The same
comments apply here.

Interesting that N1AL got about 0.1 dB insertion loss at 450 MHz, while
VK3JEG got about 1.0. These measurements aren't easy to make, even when
you have the best equipment. But as I said in my comments, they're not
measuring dissipative loss anyway.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Bob Miller wrote:

Looking at my Wirebook IV, pages 3.2 and 3.3

Alan Bloom, n1al, used an HP8753 RF network analyzer to compare losses
of UHF vs. N connectors.

Both connectors measured 0 db loss up to 100 mhz.

At 150 mhz, the N has 0 db loss, the UHF has .01 db loss.

At 450 mhz, the N has 0 db loss, the UHF has .09 db loss.

That's it...

Bob
k5qwg