Old January 21st 05, 03:17 PM

Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
wrote:
Hey, I am in Kentucky not real far from Nashville. Do you know

anything
about the 440 mhz repeaters used for Skywarn and how far their

coverage
is? I am trying to decide what I need to reach those from my house

in
terms of equipment.

Where in Kentucky are you?

I have to be honest not been all that impressed by the coverage of

the
Nashville Skywarn repeaters. But I don't have a very high UHF

antenna.
I'd think if you could get something 25-30 feet in the air you

ought
to be able to hear at least one of them reasonably well. Assuming

you
aren't any further north than Russellville or Hopkinsville.

ALso, what is your web page about it says something abotu tv dxing.

How
does that work?

Are you the same guy who asked that question in private email this
morning? (if not, then let me know & I'll answer here)

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Yea that was me. I did not know if that address worked or not.

I live about 10 miles north of Russellville. I would have my antenna
25-30 feet. Was going to try a gain yagi for 440.