Old September 4th 03, 04:24 AM
Michael A. Terrell

indago wrote:

030902 1644 - nobody wrote:

In wrote:

But in 1978 I wired the 2 bulbs in the each of the EXIT
lights in the church in series.

Congratulations, you probably bypassed a safety feature. If they're in
parallel, if one burns out the other keeps going. In series, if one
goes they're both out, and the exit sign is no longer visible.

Also, they should be checked to see if they still work properly when the
power goes out and the battery system takes over.

The signs I am familiar with used a different set of bulbs for
battery operation, so they could be bad and you wouldn't know, without a
monthly test.
--

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida