Old September 17th 03, 12:49 AM
Zoran Brlecic

Its Me Again ! wrote:

I for one don't like to pay hundreds of dollars to buy antennas that look
like crap on your house or property.Some monstrosities that look like ****
in plain english,that break or are blown down in some storms.Now you got to
kick out more money so you can talk to someone.I think antennas are over
priced for what they are.
Now talk about buying some radios.hundreds or thousands of dollars so you
can or maybe can talk to someone (or yell so they can hear you)just to outdo
the Jones.
Whit a half decent computer and sound card and mike,I can talk anywhere most
hams do and yet farther with no antenna farm ,amp, or radio if I want to.And
also consistantly on a daily basis.Computers are cheaper today than most
antennas.
I love ham radio also,My wife is a ham also.
Ecolink is here to stay.Try it,you may like it.

So if these are all legitimate concerns for you, why not just get a
cellphone and dial randomly from a phonebook or switch to chat rooms
exclusively? Why is it necessary for you to pretend that you are a ham
radio operator, when you are obviously not?

Mind you, I am not trying to reduce your enjoyment of this thingy that
you find adorable. I am simply arguing that it's not amateur radio
anymore than wacking off in front of Internet porn sites makes one a
great womanizer.

I "talk" to hams on various Usenet newsgroups, does that count as ham
radio as well?

73 .... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly