Old November 12th 04, 12:46 AM
Cecil Moore

Gene Fuller wrote:
I am quite familiar with standing waves, thank you. I have no
disagreements with Terman, Kraus, Balanis, or any other legitimate experts.

What I am still not understanding, is since the exponential equations
for voltage and current in a transmission line are identical except
for the Z0 term, how can something happen to the current without
the same thing happening to the voltage at the same time? How can
something happen to the voltage without also happening to the current
at the same time? In a matched system, the voltage and current arrives
at the load at exactly the same time attenuated by exactly the same
amount. But that voltage didn't flow and that current didn't drop???
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP