Old September 18th 03, 04:04 PM
Caveat Lector

With a yagi at 60 feet and my 100 Watt radio powered by a bank of deep cycle
marine batteries or a gas powered generator -- you will hear me.

That by the way is what Field Day is all about.

As for your computer battery backup -- you will probably get out of the
house into dead web.

"Ric" wrote in message
if i lose power i have a battery backup for my computer ....As for the hf
and cw. well good luck qrp'ing with no power to run your amp.
"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
And when the power and internet is down (the big Bang) scratch

cellphoneys
and echo de Link
Back to HF and CW (you can operate off of battery power can't you ???)
But cellphoneys and echo de Link have their place.

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All