Old November 12th 04, 03:40 AM
Gene Fuller

Cecil,

If you prefer your voltages to flow and your currents to drop, have at
it. :-)

Here's a hint.

In business, politics, crime (sorry for the redundancy), and a bunch of
other stuff there is an old saw, "Follow the money."

In electronics the appropriate dictum is, "Follow the electrons."

There is no law regarding conservation of voltage. There is a
fundamental law about conservation of change, and an equally strong law
dealing with continuity of current.

Go ahead and label a change in current at two points on a wire a "drop"
if you like, but don't confuse this change with a drop in voltage. They
ain't the same thing.

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:

I am quite familiar with standing waves, thank you. I have no
disagreements with Terman, Kraus, Balanis, or any other legitimate
experts.

What I am still not understanding, is since the exponential equations
for voltage and current in a transmission line are identical except
for the Z0 term, how can something happen to the current without
the same thing happening to the voltage at the same time? How can
something happen to the voltage without also happening to the current
at the same time? In a matched system, the voltage and current arrives
at the load at exactly the same time attenuated by exactly the same
amount. But that voltage didn't flow and that current didn't drop???
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP