Old September 25th 03, 05:12 AM
:-: Ghost Chip :-:

"W7TI" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 04:38:04 GMT, ånønÿmøu§
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:28:43 GMT, Fred Nachbaur

wrote:

Yup. The one I like also is "Trust in God, but tie up your camel."

Cheers,
Fred

My joke guy sent me this one today ... It sounds too weird to be true ...

Since America is typically represented by an eagle, Saddam should have

read up on his Muslim passages...
The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a

fearsome Eagle.
The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and

lo, while some
of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of

the Eagle cleansed
the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

( Note the verse number)

I did a search of the Quran with USC's search engine:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchquran.html

and the word "eagle" does not appear anywhere in the Quran.
You've been had.

--
Bill, W7TI

The word "eagle", "hawk, and "raven" aren't in the Koran. However "bird"
appears in 14 books.
The word "Arabia" appears only once as the root word of the adjective
"Arabian:

Ha Mim
[41.44] And if We had made it a Quran in a foreign tongue, they would
certainly have said: Why have not its communications been made clear? What!
a foreign (tongue) and an Arabian! Say: It is to those who believe a
guidance and a healing; and (as for) those who do not believe, there is a
heaviness in their ears and it is obscure to them; these shall be called to
from a far-off place.

Nice joke though!

ps. Read the Koran and read the bible and judge for yourself which makes
more sense.
Ghost