Old November 13th 04, 05:24 PM
RHF

Default Putting a Ferrite Rod at the Far-End of a Random Wire Antenna ?

FO&A,

Here is my Question: Is there any sense in putting a Ferrite Rod
at the Far-End of a Random Wire Antenna with the Wire from the
End of the Wire Antenna Element 'wrapped' around it in a
"Tuned Coil" to improve the AM/MW Band Reception ?

* Any 'theory' behind why this Idea might Work ?

* Does this Idea actually Work ?

* Or is this Idea just so much Antenna 'hype' and Sales Marketing

I am Asking these Questions is because of what I have read about
the RF Systems "EMF" Electro-Magnetic-Field Passive Wire Antenna
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0743.html

In "John Wagner's Shortwave Tips & Tricks" he writes:
http://www.dxing.com/tips.htm
"The EMF antenna has two 35mm film canister looking objects
connected to it. The canister on the Far-End is actually an
excellent "Tuned Ferrite Rod" designed for MW (Medium Wave)
and really helps any receiver without a built in MW Antenna
Rod. Canister two (in middle) is a Balun that helps SW
reception very much."

i want to know ~ RHF
..
..