Old October 3rd 03, 08:01 PM
Larry

You obviously don't get it ... the check is bogus!!!!! By the time your
bank finds out and gets back to you, you have sent the other guy his cash,
your radio, and now you have to stand tall for the bogus check!

The bank will credit your account and in the worst case make you wait 10
business days to use the money. It may take them three weeks to find out
that the check is funny so even if you wait the ten days to send the guy
"his" money .. you be the fool!

"N5XXM" wrote in message
I have always wondered, with these guys, you get the check, cash it, and
never give them anything, steal from them the same way they steal from the
people that they got the money from.... then he sent you a "gift"...

wonder
if that would be illegal too???

"Ron H" wrote in message
I just recieved a reply to an ad to sell my Kenwood TS940SAT that I have
listed on qth.comfor $725 + Shipping.

A man identifing himself as "John Daniels" from London England
offered to buy it but stated that a debtor of his living in the US
would send me a check in the amount of $5,000.00. He stated that I was

cash the check and deduct the price of my radio and shipping and

foreward
him the radio as well as the ballance of the $5,000
buck's....
I might have been born at Night however it wasn't last night.
I just wanted to give everyone a head's up on this guy.
tnx
Ron Hisserich
N0PIR