Old October 4th 03, 06:34 PM
Steven Onines

Another spin off of that is the "Nigerian Diplomat" letter. I always
respond (to my wife's chagrin) by asking them to call me at once. The phone
number provided is that of our local police department's seven digit
administrative desk. Figure they must call via satellite or at least
overseas rates. If we all did that (perhaps to dial a prayer?), it would
become expensive for them to seek out the real suckers.

Worrysome thing is that the scam must still work. I get two or three a week
so they must still be catching someone with it. "Pigs get fed while hogs
get slaughtered".