Old November 14th 04, 03:53 PM
Jim Leder

Cushcraft claims 7 dbi gain. True or not, it was the best omni directional 2
meter antenna I've ever used. A wayward tree limb turned it into pieces of
aluminum tubing, but it WAS 25 years old and had been struck by lighting
once. I got my $35 worth out of it. I now use a Diamond X50, not quite as
good, but not bad.

"Howard" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:25:12 -0800, "Harbin"
wrote:

Howdy Y'all:
Chushcraft says that the Ringo Ranger II is the latest design featuring
three 5/8 wave radiating elements and an adjustable 1/8 wave phasing stub.
My question is why a 1/8 phasing stub? Should it be more like 3/8 or
somthing, and why only
one phasing stub, should there not be 2? And is the outside of the coax
that
comes from the ground plane a radiating
element? This antenna has me scratching my head, any ideas?

Harbin

Sounds like marketing in action; I'd call it a two element colinear
with a decoupling section at the bottom. Just for giggles, what gain
does Witchcraft claim?
Howard