Old October 20th 03, 08:30 AM
Rick Frazier

Not sure why you'd expect the two groups to be mutually exclusive?

Last time I checked, Art was a pretty active Ham....
At least some of what Wayne had to say had some merit, and if he only
got a couple of people to think about what they could do to change the
"poor conditions" they or their schools were in, then he probably did
pretty good, too...

I notice many of his editorials had the same message: "Get off your butt
and do something, and stop whining about how the world has done you
wrong." Though he didn't always say it outright, there was always an
undercurrent of that sort in the editorials I read. Even if some of
what he said was unsubstantiated, if it made you think, it wouldn't
surprise me if that was the intent.

Having spent more than a little time listening to people that present
their view as the gospel truth, and filtering it for my particular
reality, I found his approach a bit refreshing at times, though he did
tend to browbeat the educational system...

Remember, you can always use the Politician's sources of "true facts,
real and made up" if you don't like what you hear....

[grin]

--Rick

Dragon Doctor wrote:

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:57:29 GMT, KI7G wrote:

I'm glad to see that most Hams saw
through his unsubstantiated drivel.

He probably sold more magazines to the "Art Bell" crowd than to
ham ops.