Old October 22nd 03, 05:40 PM
Jim, N2VX

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:01:43 GMT, "
wrote:

i hace an alinco dr1200t data radio
which mic is used with this rig?
thanks jack

Danger! Danger! One of the pins is direct discriminator output and
another (as I recall) is input direct to the varactor. The radio can
be fried right from the microphone connector and I know someone who
did just that trying to use a normal microphone.

It would be safer to get a manual/schematic and make sure nothing gets
connected to the discriminator and varactor. If you never intend to
use it for packet it is worth disconnecting the varactor/discriminator
pins from the microphone connector just to be sure.

Followups to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

73,
Jim
N2VX