Old November 16th 04, 04:49 AM
Uwe

Bill, I was taken aback by your somewhat harsh response and I hope you are
not speaking for everybody, but just for yourself.

What, in your opinion, does not qualify in my question, the fact that I am
not allowed to transmit on the frequency I wish to receive??

The physical laws are the same, be it for a 6m antenna, for example, or a FM
broadcast receiving antenna. In fact I was thinking in stripping my
Cushcraft 13 element 2 m antenna for the purpose and just lengthen all the
elements.

I hope others will be more inclined to share what they know.

73 Uwe
KB1JOW

From: Bill Turner
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:02:05 -0800
Subject: Homebrew high gain FM broadcast antenna ??

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:53:47 GMT, Uwe wrote:

I like to put up a big hi gain FM broadcast band antenna (by big I mean 15 -
20 feet).

I can get the formulas for the spacing of the reflectors and directors from
literature, but it always says further optimization will be necessary.

This 'further optimization' might prove difficult and I wonder if anybody
here has experience with this or has built one of these antennas??

Uwe

This newsgroup is for amateur radio antennas. Please take your FM
broadcast question elsewhere. Thank you.

--
Bill W6WRT