Old October 26th 03, 01:27 AM
Mike Beauchamp

From my experience, PayPal has it's fair share of scams.
A lot of people using stolen PayPal accounts to try to pay for stuff, etc.
My friend once received an email that claimed it was from Paypal, he was
smart enough to realize it wasn't. It asked people to "verify" their
account, because they were deleting inactive accounts. Clicking on a link
brought them to a website that asked for their user ID, password, even
credit card number and interac pin number!!

My friend and I just sat there refreshing the .txt file all the info got
dumped into (by looking at the source) and watched it fill up with
legitimate credit card numbers and paypal accounts.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

"jeff" wrote in message
In article , "Dan Conti"

wrote:
Beware of a person using the name Mike Alonzo with an address in McKees
Rocks, PA. This person is buying radio equipment on eBay and then

sending
counterfeit, fraudulent cashier's checks drawn on Commerce Bank in PA.

The e-mail address he used is

and his eBay user name is : mikealonzo

If anyone has had similar dealing with this guy, or more info., please
contact me via private e-mail.

Dan

Dan,are we a BIT safer taking Pay Pal only for ebay?
Thats what I started doing
How have you been?

Jeff
Ham Station