Old October 28th 03, 05:07 AM
Mike Beauchamp

I've forwarded emails from bidders trrying to use stolen credit cards to
ebay, and left feedback saying that they were from Indonesia and using
stolen credit cards, but it still seems to take ebay just long enough for
the guy to actually rip someone off before the account is deleted.

Mike

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
Yeh, and the "Bay of "E", too! had folks fishing for all credit-bank

info,
e-bay loggins, passwords, ect, saying going to freeze account, if don't
submit (and same crap from Paypal)! Best thing can tell you : 1),

Never
answer these (in fact, services will bluntly tell you, they NEVER

REQUEST
SUCH INFO)! , and 2)
MAKE SURE you report these "requests", and send copy of the request(s)

the services, at their appeopriate addresses, along with the FULL

PROPERTIES
, of the a**holes Senders address!
This only way to protect self from those fishing to Identity theft/

fraud.
Jim NN7K

Both ebay and PayPal tell you to FORWARD, un-edited, the complete e-mail

one of the following:

They will verify your forward, and, later, verify whether or not the
suspicious e-mail originated from them or not (I've never had an

affirmative
verification).