Old October 29th 03, 09:04 PM
w4jle

The rub comes when your bank calls and tells you the check was phony and
your responsible. Now your rig and the total check amount goes in the gone
column.

Replacing to the bank the amount you charged for the rig, makes your net
losses the difference you sent the scammer plus your rig.

Had you cashed the check, and never sent the rig, the bank would get the
check amount back, you would still have the rig, and it is unlikly the
scammer would ever post that you cheated him in any newsgroup.

"Panzer240" wrote in message
"Marvin Moss" wrote in
ink.net:

Very strange. I, too, had a gentleman from England offer me a third
party cashier's check for $5000 for a $1500 rig I was trying to sell and
he wanted me to send the difference to him along with the rig. I even
answered him with "no deal".
Boy, was I stupid to even answer him like a gentleman.

Hmmmm...... I musy be getting thick in my old age. If you wait until the
cheque shows up, have the cash in your hot little hand, then the radio
gets sent out, where's the scam ??? Now if you were to ship first and wait
for the cheque........... more fool you !!!!

--
Panzer