Old November 5th 03, 06:46 PM
Jim Stewart

C.W. THomas wrote:

Hi;

I'm looking for an inexpensive stereo zoom microscope around 7x to 15 or
20x. My eyes aren't what they used to be. ;^)
A fixer upper would be a possibility if its complete. (I'm cheap and also
on a fixed budget).

They are hard to find for under about $400. Airgas has
a no-name unit for $499 with universal stand. You'll
still need a ringlight.

I bought a used AO at the local university's surplus
store for $450 and was glad to pay it. I fabricated
a new table for it and found a ringlight on ebay for
about $40.

BTW, if you look at a used unit and focus doesn't
track through the zoom range, there's a fairly easy
adjustment to fix it. I found the proceedure on the
web, but I can't remember the url.