Old November 5th 03, 08:58 PM
Richard J Kinch

C.W. THomas writes:

I'm looking for an inexpensive stereo zoom microscope around 7x to 15
or 20x. My eyes aren't what they used to be. ;^)
A fixer upper would be a possibility if its complete. (I'm cheap
and also
on a fixed budget).

I've sold a bunch of Bausch and Lomb Stereozoom units on eBay. They
typically bring $300 to $500 if clean and working, more if there's an
articulated mount. I was getting them at semiconductor processing
bankruptcies for $25 to $100. Keeping the last one for myself. The
industry seems to have moved on to more sophisticated (or perhaps just more
stylish) units like the Mantis.

See:

http://www.truetex.com/micad.htm

Richard J Kinch