Old November 7th 03, 12:54 AM
Pete KE9OA

I would go to the Collins Radio Club website...............they have quite a
bit of information on much of their equipment. I had a bunch of HF-80 stuff
for awhile. It was pretty good, but I ended up trading it off to one of the
old timers at Rockwell, when we were about to move back to Chicago.
Murphy's Surplus has quite a bit of that equipment on hand. I know that some
of the refurbished equipment was being sold off for quite a bit of
money...........if I remember correctly, the HF-80 transceivers were going
for between 30 and 40K. The 851S-1 receiver was basically an HF8050 receiver
with a different front panel assembly............this included, among other
things, an optical encoder for tuning vs. the thumbwheel switches.

Pete

G E BLANKENSHIP wrote in message
. com...
I need info on a Rockwell Collins HF 8020. Our Radio Club has one of these
and need to know anything we can find out about it. Thanks, Gene K4KJZ