Old November 7th 03, 03:09 AM
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
C.W. THomas wrote:
Hi;

I'm looking for an inexpensive stereo zoom microscope around 7x to 15 or
20x. My eyes aren't what they used to be. ;^)

Hmm ... inexpensive may be a problem. I depends on what you
call "inexpensive". IIRC, mine cost me about $200.00 -- pre eBay.
Somebody else wanted one, and found a surplus auction with about twenty
or so, and asked for people to join in with him so he could make a bid
which would be likely to win. I did, and he won, so I have mine. I
don't even remember which newsgroup -- it was one which I did not
regularly follow, but was very glad to have looked at that time.

The typical American Optical or B&L Stereo Zoom microscope head
has a magnification from 0.7X to 3.0X, with 10X eyepieces, so that would
make it 7X to 30X IIRC.

A fixer upper would be a possibility if its complete. (I'm cheap and also
on a fixed budget).

You may need to un-fix that budget, depending on how badly you
want one. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564