Old November 14th 03, 02:24 PM
gw

"RP Jones" wrote in message .. .
I don't know I wasn't stupid enough to even think about calling GTE.
Actually "now that I remember"
I had called Tek to enquire about a 465 B faceplate, this guy totally "lost
his wig" before I even got to speak about owning a 2232.
$^% 465 !! jokingly told me "THIS ISN'T SANFORD AND SON"

I have since sold the 2232 and baught 465B and a little NLS battery operated
(NLS are VERY very nice people, they sent me a manual, alignment/service
procedure and schematic free!! )
I also have a 545 on a cart to I use in the basement (winter) people love
looking at it

-RP

"private" wrote in message
Did they actually pull off that deal with GTE for service.
I was there training some of those ****ers.

RP Jones wrote:

Could it be they don't want to do anymore service, perhaps it cheaper

just
to replace those new off seas plastic cheap ones one under warrantee.
I called them about a Tek 2232 and someone on the other end got all

****ed
off, said call GTE for service ?

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
Tektronix is trying to manipulate the oscilloscope market. Today I

learned
from
my local dealership that they are required by contract to destroy

every
scope
which is traded in for a new Tektronix scope, regardless of age or

condition. So
if you decide to trade in that old scope for a Tektronix, know ahead

of
time
that it is NOT going to end up in the hands of a ham, or of some kid

learning
and experimenting in electronics on a tight budget like I was thir...

er,
twenty
years ago. No, Tektronix needs to raise their profits by destroying

every
used
scope they can get their greedy little hands on, regardless of who

feels
the
pinch!

isn't it true that the older stuff is built like a battleship and
isn't as proprietary and can be repaired with user obtainable parts?
I always heard tek for scopes and hp for analyzers. Any thoughts on
that?