Old November 19th 04, 12:44 PM
Floyd Sense

"Jack Painter" wrote in message
news:zbbnd.1127$wa1.571@lakeread04...
snip
The coax shields grounded at the tower (min. at the bottom, best top and
bottom), and again at the basement entrance single point ground. Shields
must be grounded before connection to an arrestor.

Jack - regarding your comment on grounding the shields BEFORE connection to
an arrestor: My arrestors are mounted on the common ground panel and the
coax is grounded via the coax connector to those arrestors. What is the
reason for a separate ground prior to that one. Maybe I misunderstood
something, but it seems redundant to have a separate ground a few inches
from that one.

rotor, and other control lines: I use MOVs and .01 bypass caps on all those
lines in a box at the base of the tower and have another set of the same at
the entry panel box. Those components are mounted via European-style screw
terminal strips (12 positions per strip) obtained from Jameco via the Web.
Much cheaper than the same from Radio Shack or other sources. MOVs came
from Mouser. A lightning strike last year entered my shack via relay
control lines which were unprotected at that time. Hopefully, the new
arrangement will help.

73, Floyd - K8AC