Old November 17th 03, 01:45 AM
gw

Roy Lewallen wrote in message ...
Thanks to Ed for the good advice.

I've got an HP 140T. As far as I know, the only difference between it
and the 141T is that the CRT in mine is a conventional one with
long-persistence phosphor rather than a storage tube. It uses the same
plug-in units as the 141T. I find it to be very usable, and don't really
miss storage capability at all. I think the tube is a lot more
trouble-free than a storage type unit.

So I recommend that you don't turn down a 140T if you come across one --
and you might even have a better chance of getting a unit with a working
display than with a 141T.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Ed Price wrote:

[Lots of good advice]

well it is amazing i think how some of these units retain their resale
value even though the companies that made them do not service them or
back them......man who was the brainiac that thought about how to
implement this scam?

incidentally some guy tried to sell a stolen hp unit he lifted over at
his job at nasa.......on ebay.....the final price was i think about
$3,000.00....for a 35,000 dollar unit i thing they said on the
news......he got arrested and the guy who bought it on ebay needless
to say didn't get the deal he was trying to get.....which makes me
wonder how many stolen items are listed on ebay and are sold there?