Old November 20th 04, 05:30 PM
Cecil Moore

Gene Fuller wrote:
I cannot find the word "migrate" in your reference. However, I do find
several examples of your own interpretations mixed in.

You expect me to remember the exact wording after 40 years?
Perhaps your prof, like mine, told you to skip sections 1.22-
1.28 in Ramo and Whinnery. I didn't take his advice - I read
them.

So Gene, please point out the error in my logic. If the
current attenuation is primarily from R, the series
resistance, what other explanation can there be than
energy is being supplied by the H-field to the sagging
E-field? Can you think of any other rational, logical,
non-emotional, technical explanation, given these
exponential transmission line equations?

V = Vmax(e^-az)*e^j(wt-bz)

I = Vmax(e^-az)*e^j(wt-bz)/Z0

V/I = Z0

(I think you are just trying to punish me for saying my
dog has a soul. :-)
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP